Surfing's Greatest Misadventures (new book report of not-so

General surfing discussions, with a focus on Oahu. Instructions on how to register
neosponge

Surfing's Greatest Misadventures (new book report of not-so

Postby neosponge » Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:08 pm

Surfing's Greatest Misadventures

"Many months ago, I remember Paul Diamond inquiring for submissions for this book. I wasn't sure if my writing would qualify, but I tried anyway. It was respectfully declined. However, I was generously offered to review the book by the publisher.

Surfing's Greatest Misadventures: Dropping In on the Unexpected is a compilation of 30 true short stories (with some images) written by many different surfers from around the globe. Although it is a somewhat thick 288 pages in length, the stories are short and reader-friendly, and I gobbled down the book quickly..."

surfer9joe

Postby surfer9joe » Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:47 pm

wow, the guy published a book from submitted writing that people gave him for free. I think I recall he requested submissions, but no pay, just publicity. Smart Mofo!!
Why Wouldn't Ya?

jkseattle

Postby jkseattle » Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:01 pm

neo- i met paul at a reading in seattle... super nice guy, real laid back. also had a chance to read the book and would recommend it for those flat, down days or reading on the can. my favorites were the great lakes (hilaroius) and sharky ones. good luck with future submissions, enjoy reading your articles on roadrunner.

neosponge

Postby neosponge » Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:21 am

jkseattle wrote:neo- i met paul at a reading in seattle... super nice guy, real laid back. also had a chance to read the book and would recommend it for those flat, down days or reading on the can. my favorites were the great lakes (hilaroius) and sharky ones. good luck with future submissions, enjoy reading your articles on roadrunner.

First off, thanks. Paul is cool. Am dialoging with him now (gave him my review). He's offered to give me some hints on publishing.

Return to “Surf Talk - New Member Registration”